Best Damn Keto Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Posted on October 28 2019
Chocolate mousse can still be made keto friendly and healthy (or at least healthier 😉). Enjoy the recipe babyloves!
Before we dive deep into this heavenly recipe- if you wanted to increase your vibration and stop repeating old behavior patterns, you are interested in my Energy Cord Removal Session (opens in a new window). You receive 2 free bonuses with every session. ❀
Serves: 4 – 6
1 Tbsp Grass fed gelatin
¼ Cup Water
1 Ripe Avocado
1 Cup Cream
½ tsp Vanilla extract
3 Tbsp Cacao Powder
1/3 Cup Xylitol, (or monk fruit sweetener)
3 Egg Whites, room temperature
6 Tbsp Pistachios (shelled), toasted and chopped
- Add the water to a small saucepan and sprinkle over the gelatin, set aside and allow to bloom for 5 minutes.
- Place the saucepan on the stovetop and heat over low, stir consistently until the gelatin dissolves (approx. 2 – 3 minutes). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Pit and peel the avocado and cut into quarters.
- Add the avocado along with the cream, vanilla, cacao and sweetener to a blender or food processor, blend on high.
- With the blender running, slowly pour in the melted gelatin mixture and continue to process until thoroughly blended and smooth. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- In a clean separate bowl, beat the egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Gently fold the egg whites into avocado mixture. Spoon into 4 - 6 small mason jars (depending on preferred serving size), secure the lid and place in refrigerator to set for at least 2 hours.
- Sprinkle with Pistachios just before serving.
Nutrition facts (1 serving):
Total Carbs: 15 g
Protein: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 11 g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 2 g
Monounsaturated Fat: 9 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 54 mg
Sodium: 86 mg
Potassium 288 mg
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar 8 g
Vitamin A: 13% Daily Value
Vitamin C: 6% Daily Value
Calcium: 4% Daily Value