Best Damn Keto Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Posted on October 28 2019
Chocolate mousse can still be made keto friendly and healthy (or at least healthier 😉). Enjoy the recipe babyloves!
Serves: 4 – 6
1 Tbsp Grass fed gelatin
¼ Cup Water
1 Ripe Avocado
1 Cup Cream
½ tsp Vanilla extract
3 Tbsp Cacao Powder
1/3 Cup Xylitol, (or monk fruit sweetener)
3 Egg Whites, room temperature
6 Tbsp Pistachios (shelled), toasted and chopped
- Add the water to a small saucepan and sprinkle over the gelatin, set aside and allow to bloom for 5 minutes.
- Place the saucepan on the stovetop and heat over low, stir consistently until the gelatin dissolves (approx. 2 – 3 minutes). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Pit and peel the avocado and cut into quarters.
- Add the avocado along with the cream, vanilla, cacao and sweetener to a blender or food processor, blend on high.
- With the blender running, slowly pour in the melted gelatin mixture and continue to process until thoroughly blended and smooth. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- In a clean separate bowl, beat the egg whites to stiff peaks.
- Gently fold the egg whites into avocado mixture. Spoon into 4 - 6 small mason jars (depending on preferred serving size), secure the lid and place in refrigerator to set for at least 2 hours.
- Sprinkle with Pistachios just before serving.
Nutrition facts (1 serving):
Total Carbs: 15 g
Protein: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 11 g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 2 g
Monounsaturated Fat: 9 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 54 mg
Sodium: 86 mg
Potassium 288 mg
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar 8 g
Vitamin A: 13% Daily Value
Vitamin C: 6% Daily Value
Calcium: 4% Daily Value
P.S. my Break Free From Your Ex- Energy Cord Removal Session will help you finally get over your ex and make room for new love! It's done while you're in the comfort of your own home and we don't even need to connect by video or phone! ❤️