Heavenly Curried Potato + Cauliflower Soup
Posted on August 19 2019
Decadent and creamy Curried Potato + Cauliflower Soup recipe. Sometimes we don't want a heavy greasy meal for dinner, but also don't want a baby salad. Meet yourself in the middle.
Before we dive deep into this heavenly recipe, I wanted to let you know my angel reiki sessions are currently only $37.
Here we go!
3 Cup Cauliflower, chopped
1 Lg Potato, peeled and diced
1 Tbsp Ghee, or butter
1 sml Onion, diced
1- 2 tsp Ginger, minced (adjust to taste)
½ tsp Curry powder, (mild)
3/4 Cup Coconut milk
1 ¼ Cup Chicken bone broth, or more if needed
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine the cauliflower and potato in medium pan with salted water to cover.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove 1 cup of the cauliflower and set aside. Cook remaining cauliflower and potato until very tender. Drain the cooked vegetables and set aside.
- Melt the ghee/butter in the same pan. Add onion, ginger and garlic and cook over medium heat until tender, approximately 5 minutes. Mix in the curry powder and cook for 30 seconds (until fragrant).
- Add the well-cooked cauliflower and potato, along with the cooked onion mixture (plus any juices from pan) and coconut milk to a food processor or blender. Puree on high speed until smooth. If mixture is too thick, add a little of the chicken broth and blend again.
- Return to pan and add the reserved 1 cup of cauliflower and the remaining chicken bone broth and heat through over low heat, (DO NOT BOIL).
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.