Keto Lemon and Herb Baked Chicken Dinner Recipe
Posted on October 27 2019
Here is a yummy keto chicken dinner recipe for your next night in.
Lemon and Herb Baked Chicken
8 chicken maryland pieces (with skin on)
2 tbsp olive oil
8 garlic cloves, whole (peeled)
1/2 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1/2 cup chicken broth, (homemade preferably)
2 tbsp lemon peel, finely grated
2 tbsp thyme, freshly chopped
2 tbsp parsley, freshly chopped
2 scallions, thinly sliced
1/2 tbsp chilli flakes, (or to taste)
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Drizzle the base of a large roasting pan or casserole dish and scatter in the garlic cloves.
- Place the chicken skin side up in a single layer and pour over the lemon juice and broth.
- Sprinkle lemon peel, thyme, parsley, scallions, chilli flakes, salt and pepper all over.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Return to oven and remove the lid/cover from pan and increase temperature to 400F, bake for a further 15 minutes or until golden and crispy on top and chicken is cooked through.
- Before serving, spoon any remaining juices over top of chicken.
- Garnish with some fresh herbs and sliced scallions and serve with either lightly steamed broccoli and zucchini or a handful of fresh salad greens.